Thursday 13 September 2012

My first attempt at blogging

Bear with me, this is the first time I have set up a blog and so things may seem disjointed.

Who am I?  At times, I am an earth bound misfit, who wants to fly.  And fly, I will.  I head over to Italy in 15 days.  Can you tell that I am excited?  I am sure it is hard to notice!

I am Deaf, married to a Deaf man.  I have a hearing son who is fluent in American Sign Language (ASL), even though we live in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I was encouraged to set up this blog, initially so that I can post updates as to what is happening when I am in Italy.  

Who knows, this may lead to other blog posts about random stuff.  I may celebrate people and organisations for the work they do, especially within the Deaf community.  There are so many out there that should be recognised for the work they do.  Maybe I will discuss things that I read in the media.  :-)

So bear with me as I find my way around this thing!


2 comments:

  1. Exciting - well done on the first post, and looking forward to reading more :)

    Cheers
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great read so. Am looking forward to reading more. Good luck on your trip.

    ReplyDelete